As a Drama teacher I teach in both our centers and at local schools across Beijing, which means there is a great deal of variety in the role! Some days I teach very large classes and other days I teach much smaller classes. It also requires a lot of travelling which means I get to visit areas of the city that a tourist wouldn't usually and fully immerse myself in the culture. Teaching in China can be very challenging but also very rewarding. When it gets to production time and the students are onstage performing in a second language and showing how much they have progressed, it is truly a heart warming experience.
Having been in the Helen O'Grady system for the last 10 years, I've seen how the programme can develop both a child and a teacher's confidence. The systematic teaching techniques, makes teaching fun and easy. And the one thing I've learned is that as long as I'm having fun, so are the children!"
Ready To Be Part Of The Helen O’Grady Team?
You are still welcome to apply even if you do not have a drama background, as long as you enjoy working with children and have a larger than life personality, we will be happy to train you.
- To teach our Helen O’Grady creative Drama lessons according to our lesson plans
- Clearly communicate our values, proposition and inspire action
- Ensure the highest quality in teaching deliverables and customer service
- Plan, host and execute end-of-term teacher-parent presentations / learning events
- Participate in programme previews/demos & parent sessions
- Conduct student assessments and on-going reviews with parents
- Participate in all quarterly trainings
Here, you will have the opportunity to:
- Receive training in teaching our unique curriculum
- Teach children of all ages at our studio and in schools
- Facilitate props and costume -making activities for performances
- Direct our parent day shows and year-end performances
- Excellent personal speech (English)
- Warm and outgoing personality with a flexible attitude
- Good sense of humour
- Good communicative skills
- A sense of flair in personal dress
- Willing to travel to different locations to teach
- Willing to work on Evenings & Weekends
- A sense of loyalty & commitment
- For those who require a work visa, a Bachelors degree is required
Email your CV here and join our growing team today!